1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

MtG Tournaments
Support MtG Ontario

Buy Magic the Gathering Books

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   Members ListMembers List   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 My AccountMy Account   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How are the scenes in Kingston and Ottawa?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|     Magic the Gathering in Ontario Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCaptain
Skeleton
Skeleton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: How are the scenes in Kingston and Ottawa? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm actually looking at moving to Kingston next school year to go to Queen's, and I'd be interested in getting a regular Legacy event happening. Anyone who lives there now think that either of the stores would be amenable to running events? And would the local Legacy players be interested?

I successfully helped get a weekly Legacy event off the ground in KW in the last couple of years, and I'd be happy to help another community get started with a few extra decks to lend out to players new to the format.

Kirk
JohnWasson
Thrull
Thrull

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: How are the scenes in Kingston and Ottawa? Reply with quote

There are about 3 built legacy decks here in Kingston. Too many broke students. But you're free to try and do something.
TheCaptain
Skeleton
Skeleton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: How are the scenes in Kingston and Ottawa? Reply with quote

What about Modern? Might be an easier sell for budget players, as shocks are available in Standard. Any Modern devotees in Kingston?
azngenius
Zombie
Zombie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there was a store that was trying to run it for awhile. Got a decent turnout for a few weeks, but then it kinda stopped. There were definitely 6-8 people testing it for the PTQs last season, so there's some interest at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|     Magic the Gathering in Ontario Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: