Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Articles & Archives
MtG Ont Community
Next 8 Events
MtG Tournaments
Support MtG Ontario

Friday Night Magic

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   Members ListMembers List   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 My AccountMy Account   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need to make a good and affordable MTGO deck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|     Magic the Gathering in Ontario Forum Index -> Rate My Deck!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobunaga
Zombie
Zombie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Need to make a good and affordable MTGO deck. Reply with quote

Hi there everyone. I am thinking about getting into standard on mtgonline and wanted to know what is a good deck to build online and still be affordable by mtgonline.

Can you play in block oriented tournaments on it?

Can you use pokerstars points or other poker site point system towards cards on there?

Can I get a rating on there, that can be combined with my real DCI number?

This is a thread for deck help/ideas and suggestions for MTGO, because it's a different market, than say buying cards from a store or ebay.

Thanks guys and gals.

Nobunaga
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PMiles
Minion
Minion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to make a good and affordable MTGO deck. Reply with quote

Currently MGA is very good for standard and reasonably cheap to make as you don't have to fork out money for duals.
Renraku
Skeleton
Skeleton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Need to make a good and affordable MTGO deck. Reply with quote

Nobunaga wrote:

Yes. There are 8-Man queues in the Constructed Room for Standard, Block, and a couple other formats that nobody ever join.

Nobunaga wrote:

Can you use pokerstars points or other poker site point system towards cards on there?
No. The MTGO store accepts only credit card or paypal. You can also use tix to buy cards, packs, etc.. from other players on the message boards.

Nobunaga wrote:

Yes/No. You do get an online rating that is associated with your MTGO username but it is in no way related to or combined with your actual DCI rating and it never will be (since there is no way to verify who is actually sitting at your computer playing). It is basically useless, just for people to brag with I guess.
Nobunaga
Zombie
Zombie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to make a good and affordable MTGO deck. Reply with quote

Could you type out a quick decklist of that deck? I'm sort of out of the loop for standard and have been borrowing my friend's red/green deck for tournaments.

I might play in regionals, if it's not too expensive.

Are the drafts/seals online affordable or more expensive than real physical magic the gathering?

Has the company fixed some of the glitches in the game, due to certain game mechanics like blinding angel's skip your turn ability?

I'm trying to find out the pros/cons of magic the gathering online, and maybe throw together a deck or 2 to win prizes or play with my friends who live out of town, but prefer to play over it, than over apprentice, or programs like apprentice.

Good luck on April 29th 07.

Nobunaga
jbowers
Zombie
Zombie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Need to make a good and affordable MTGO deck. Reply with quote

K I think I can help out a bit, I play some MTGO.

Nobunaga wrote:

- Yes

Nobunaga wrote:

- Yes actually, not officially but people in the trade rooms trade pokerstars points for cards or tickets all the time.

Nobunaga wrote:

Yeah you can get a rating but it's separate from your paper rating.

Nobunaga wrote:

Are the drafts/seals online affordable or more expensive than real physical magic the gathering?

They are the exact same price as real cards.

Nobunaga wrote:

Has the company fixed some of the glitches in the game, due to certain game mechanics like blinding angel's skip your turn ability?

Yes, they are good at releasing patches, especially for broken cards. There is actually a huge new version (3.0) in beta right now and coming out soon as well.
Jedco15
Yawgmoth
Yawgmoth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Need to make a good and affordable MTGO deck. Reply with quote

Nobunaga wrote:

Thanks guys and gals.

Nobunaga

Girls don't play Magic. They have cooties.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|     Magic the Gathering in Ontario Forum Index -> Rate My Deck! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: